Please read the following carefully. Your use of the ustarnovels.com web site ("U Star Novels") and purchase of the products ("Products") on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions ("Terms").
Shopping with U Star Novels
• You can Order Products from U Star Novels online via this website; or by telephoning +44 (0) 20 8977 0627
• When you place an Order for a Product in either of the ways described above ("Order") you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
• When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
• U Star Novels may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
• All new Orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
• The price for each Product is shown on ustarnovels.com. All prices quoted on ustarnovels.com, where appropriate, are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
• We always try to make sure that the prices on U Star Novels are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products in your Order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you we will treat the Order as cancelled). If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
• You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify. For more information about our shipping charges for despatches to UK addresses click here.
• Prices are quoted on U Star Novels in UK pounds - outside the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate. Please note that both charges and refunds are in UK pounds and U Star Novels Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
• Non-EU customers are responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their respective countries. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these costs will be - please consult your local customs office for more information.
• You must pay for your Order before it is delivered and you can do so by credit card, debit card or gift voucher.
• If your delivery address is outside the UK and you order online you must pay by credit card.
• Orders may be processed online, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Delta).
• Your card details are transferred directly to our Payment Service Provider ( www.metacharge.com ) for immediate authorisation and are not recorded or stored in our database, or viewable by any of our staff. Once we have received authorisation from our Payment Service Provider we will confirm your order.
• If your delivery address is outside the UK and you order online you must pay by credit card.
• To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
• Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the Order.
• All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address where the named recipient of the Order differs.
U Star Novels Gift Vouchers
• Gift vouchers must be redeemed online at U Star Novels within 1 year of purchase and cannot be used for Orders already placed.
• If the value of the Order exceeds the value of the U Star Novels gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
• Unused balances will be held within the recipients voucher for the same period.
• Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
• If you have received a promotional gift voucher from U Star Novels, only one such Gift Voucher may be redeemed per purchase.
• Specific terms and conditions apply to the sale and use of U Star Novels Gift Vouchers – click here for more information.
• We try to keep U Star Novels as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that particular Products will always be available. If we can't supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount debited by us.
• All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order. If this happens, you may cancel your Order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it.
• U Star Novels delivers to destinations inside and outside the UK .
• You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details. For more information about our delivery charges for despatches to UK addresses click here.
• Delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company should contact you by telephone once your Products are in customs to let you know the charge due or else you should consult your local customs office. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and U Star Novels is not responsible for them.
• U Star Novels offers Standard Delivery (2-3 days) and Express Delivery (next working day). Please see the Checkout page for details on these services.
• Orders are despatched either by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or by overnight DHL service. Express orders require a signature and operate between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your Products between these hours.
• We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on U Star Novels but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
• If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by email or telephone and we will try and ensure that you receive your Order, as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your Order and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail usually arrive within 2-3 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost.
• Please order from U Star Novels with enough lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as U Star Novels cannot be responsible for this.
• This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks
• U Star Novels does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
• The copyright in U Star Novels and the content of all the software, web site and pages relating to the U Star Novels web site is owned by, or licensed to U Star Novels, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
• Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of U Star Novels, all photographs on it and its marketing materials.
• You may use U Star Novels for private and personal non-commercial use only - i.e. to view, copy and print portions of U Star Novels for the sole purpose of placing Orders. The materials on U Star Novels may not be used for any other purpose.
• U Star Novels, U Star Books & Novels, ustarnovels.com and our logos are trade names or trade marks of U Star Novels and may not be used by anyone else without our express permission
Personalisation and Infringement of Copyright
Users hereby agree to indemnify us in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, design, or any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any items personalized for you. We may decline any order for personalisation that we feel are offensive or illegal. We reserve the right to reject an order if we suspect that it is not a legitimate order.
Privacy and Data Policy
• U Star Novels makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• When you place an Order, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to U Star Novels (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
a process your Order;
b provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
c help fraud prevention i.e. we check card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis (your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
d open and run your account;
e administer prize draws;
f provide a more personal shopping experience.
• By making an Order and submitting your data you agree to this use.
• From time to time we also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
• We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
• If you have used the U Star Novels web site before or have Ordered Products from U Star Novels before it is possible that we have this information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you are an existing customer we will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to.
• If you are a new customer we will give you the choice (for example once you have placed an Order) whether or not you want us or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful. We will not bombard you with emails, but we'd like to keep you informed of the developments with U Star Novels.
• We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies but from time to time we may want to share data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union who may have interesting offers and information for you.
• U Star Novels will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent, or unless we have it already.
• In order to improve our service and ustarnovels.com we may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited ustarnovels.com before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve U Star Novels and the products and services available to you.
• U Star Novels is registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Due to the nature of personalized goods, we are unable to offer refunds on these items. If the item is faulty or the personalisation is incorrect due to our error, you will be entitled to a full refund. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
• We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
• We try to select and package the Products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you Ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address below within 30 days of receipt.
• In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs.
• This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
Returning Faulty Products
• Please contact us by telephone (on +44 (0) 20 8977 0627) or email (at email@example.com) to inform us of your wish to return Products.
• We may allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return.
• Please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) and return to:
U Star Novels
1 St Johns Road
Kingston Upon Thames
• You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us.
• Due to the bespoke nature of our personalized Products, we are unable to accept the return of unwanted goods.
• This does not affect your statutory rights.
U Star Novels Responsibilities
• U Star Novels shall insure Ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction.
• U Star Novels will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person's services.
• Because of the nature of the Internet U Star Novels provides and maintains ustarnovels.com on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of ustarnovels.com will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
• Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
• Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
• You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use ustarnovels.com in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse U Star Novels for any loss or damage caused as a result.
• These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit U Star Novels liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
• U Star Novels will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
• Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, U Star Novels excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to U Star Novels and U Star Novels shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
• any incorrect or inaccurate information on ustarnovels.com;
• any interruptions to or delays in updating ustarnovels.com;
• the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of firebox.com or any Product purchased through ustarnovels.com;
• any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the ustarnovels.com web site or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
• any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
• any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading ustarnovels.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from U Star Novels or its licensees and affiliates;
• the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which ustarnovels.com link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
• all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
• U Star Novels may change or withdraw any part of ustarnovels.com, or may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
• U Star Novels may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of ustarnovels.com upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
• Termination shall be without prejudice to U Star Novels other rights.
• U Star Novels acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
• If U Star Novels does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
• In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at U Star Novels option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
• These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and U Star Novels and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
• Since we are principally aiming ustarnovels.com at the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
• Use of U Star Novels and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
• If you would like help when Ordering, information about a Product, a request for a Product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can also contact us:
• By post at U Star Novels, 1 St Johns Road, Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 4AN, United Kingdom;
• By telephoning +44 (0) 20 8977 0627 between the office hours of 9am and 6:00pm GMT .
ustarnovels.com is a service of U Star Novels Ltd
Registered Company Address: 1 St Johns Road , Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames , Surrey , KT1 4AN , United Kingdom
Company Registration no. 5595052